Men’s individual apparatus titles decided on final night of 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN
- Men’s Events Results: Junior | Senior
- Final Points Results
- Photo Gallery
- Watch the archive of the live stream and individual routines on FlipNow
FRISCO, Texas, February 27, 2022 – Six senior men and four junior men took home individual apparatus titles on the final day of competition Sunday at the 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN.
In men’s senior competition at Ford Center at The Star, apparatus winners were determined by the cumulative total of scores from Friday’s all-around session and Sunday’s competition. High scorers in each event were Ian Lasic-Ellis (Dover, Mass./Stanford) on floor with a 27.000; Friday’s all-around runner-up, Khoi Young (Bowie, Md./Stanford) on pommel horse with a 29.631; Alex Diab (Glen Ellyn, Ill./U.S.O.P.T.C. Gymnastics) on still rings with a 29.950; all-around third-place finisher Asher Hong (Tomball, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics) on vault with a 32.860; Curran Phillips (Naperville, Ill./Stanford) on parallel bars with a 32.986; and Jack Freeman (Palestine, Texas/University of Oklahoma) on high bar with a 27.850.
In the junior men’s division, Elite Team Cup all-around champion David Shamah (McKinney, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics) won still rings (13.400) and pommel horse (13.300), while Garrett Schooley (Sarasota, Fla./EVO Gymnastics) also took the top spot on two events, capturing the floor exercise (12.750) and pommel horse (13.300) titles. Other winners were Chase Mondi (Lawrence, Kan./Emerald City Gymnastics) on vault with a 14.250 and Vahe Petrosyan (Van Nuys, Calif./Gymnastics Olympica USA) on high bar with a 13.200.
- Floor: 1. Ian Lasic-Ellis, 27.700; 2. Asher Hong, 27.508; 3. Raydel Gamboa (Phoenix, Ariz./University of Oklahoma), 27.450
- Pommel horse: 1. Khoi Young, 29.631; 2. Yul Moldauer (Wellington, Colo./5280 Gymnastics), 28.478; 3. Zachary Nunez (Houston, Texas/University of Oklahoma), 27.350
- Still rings: 1. Alex Diab, 29.950; 2. Asher Hong, 29.332; 3. Yul Moldauer, 28.338
- Vault: 1. Asher Hong, 32.860; 2. Khoi Young, 30.238; 3. Colt Walker (Cedar Park, Texas/Stanford), 30.144
- Parallel bars: 1. Curran Phillips, 32.986; 2. Yul Moldauer, 31.336; 3. Asher Hong, 28.960
- High bar: 1. Jack Freeman, 27.850; 2. Curran Phillips, 27.414; 3. Michael Jaroh (Northville, Mich./Penn State), 27.200
- Floor: 1. Garrett Schooley, 12.750; 2. Solen Chiodi (St. Paul, Minn./Mini-Hops Gymnastics), 12.350; 3. Chase Davenport-Mills (Johns Creek, Ga./Roswell Gymnastics), 11.800
- Pommel horse: 1. Garrett Schooley, 13.300; 2. David Shamah, 13.150; 3. Alex Karadzhov (St. Petersburg, Fla./EVO Gymnastics), 12.800
- Still rings: 1. David Shamah, 13.400; 2. Zach Green (Stanford Boys Gymnastics), 12.900; 3. Asher Cohen (5280 Gymnastics North), 12.800
- Vault: 1. Chase Mondi, 14.250; 2(T). Maxim Bereznev (Woodstock, Ga./Roswell Gymnastics), 14.050; Matthew Underhill (Oconomowoc, Wisc., Salto Gymnastics Center), 14.050
- Parallel bars: 1. David Shamah, 13.700; 2. Kai Uemura (Lakeshore Academy of Art Gymnastics), 13.600; 3. Vahe Petrosyan, 13.450
- High bar: 1. Vahe Petrosyan, 13.200; 2. Hasan Aydogdu – Meadowlands Gymnastics Academy, 12.700; 3. Alex Deubler – WOGA Gymnastics, 12.600