Six Men’s Junior National Team members headline Elite Team Cup field
INDIANAPOLIS, February 24, 2021 – In conjunction with the 2021 Winter Cup, the Elite Team Cup, a national competition in which teams from USA Gymnastics men’s artistic regions face off to determine who will take annual bragging rights, will take place Saturday, February 27 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
Region 3 has been dominant in recent history, taking the title in each of the last four years. The 2021 squad will be bolstered by two Junior National Team members, Caden Clinton and Asher Hong, who were both significant contributors for last year’s championship team alongside returning team member Cameron Lee. Regional teams featuring fellow Junior National Team members Arun Chhetri (1), Will Fleck (7), Vahe Petrosyan (1) and Kai Uemura (5) will look to end Region 3’s winning streak.
A full list of competitors is available at wintercup.com along with athlete bios. Eight of the nine men’s artistic gymnastics regions will be represented in Indianapolis. Region 6 will not be participating in this year’s event.
Men’s regions are determined by state as follows:
- Region 1 — Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada
- Region 2 – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 3 – Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Region 9 – Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming